Air Curtains are specially developed products/units which can create the idea of a door where there is none. These units will protect, retain and separate two areas, mostly they’re used to separate indoor and outdoor areas.
An Air Curtain will protect the indoor from outdoor air particles such as allergens, dust, small flying bugs and will retain your indoor conditions while preventing the heat from escaping.
It will separate those two areas with invisible strong blast of air commonly called an Air Curtain.
Are Curtains are commercial units mostly used in the areas with increased footfall which results in need to have the doors constantly open.
Installing an Air Curtain over a door or on the side will create different environment that encourages open door policy and allows retailers, hospitality businesses and other commercial establishments to welcome their guests with open doors whilst not worrying about losing heat or creating an uncomfortable environment.
Air Curtains can be adjusted for various applications depending on the entrance type, but some features will always remain the same is the type of Air Curtains, they come in three types:
- Ambient Air Curtain – a unit creating the barrier with ambient air, requires only a single phase power supply.
- Electric Air Curtain – a unit that creates an ambient or warm barrier, it has integrated heating elements so in the moment of passing through the doors/entrance this unit will warm up visitors allowing for a pleasant greeting. This type of unit requires a three-phase power supply.
- LPHW – Low Pressure Hot Water, a water-fed system unit that can be connected onto existing water-fed system in order to reduce electricity consumption while still providing a warm air barrier. This unit requires a single phase power supply
In order to select the right Air Curtain for your location, these are a few things you need to take into consideration:
- Information about the application
- Type of application: surface-mounted (wall or ceiling) or recessed
- Door Height
- Door Width
- Information for the Air Curtain
- Type of system – Ambient, Electric or LPHW
- Is a three-phase power supply available?
Once you have measured your doors give ATC a call and our Technical Department will be happy to specify the perfect unit for you.
A final word for this post, bear in mind that Air Curtains are quite different to Over Door Heaters, stay tuned to our blog as we will be covering these in more details in an upcoming post.
Note: featured image in this post is the The Designer PHV Range Horizontal surface mounted air curtains.