International Firm Scape have brought their novel Student Accommodation approach to Dublin with a refurbishment of buildings in the City Centre.
The development includes 300 en-suite student rooms, a gym, recreation areas and roof gardens. The triangular-shaped site is a composite of no less than 17 different properties.
ATC worked closely with Scape and their partners, Contractor John Paul Construction, Engineers JV Tierney and Architects JSA, to offer an efficient and cost effective heating solution for all properties.
- Controllability – the heaters had to be simple for students to use and accurately controlled
- Efficiency – due to the nature of the accommodation, minimising running costs was very important
- Some areas required Low Surface Temperature Heaters
- Wifi-enabled for easy of controllability and also to suit the demographic of tenant
- Aesthetically pleasing to fit with the Architect’s vision for the Project
Product Evaluated & Chosen
The Sunray RF Thermal Electric Heater was able to meet all the requirements of this project. The landlord mode was deemed to be a key factor in choosing this heater. This feature allows the heaters to be programmed and controlled off-site by the bill payer. This enables the landlord to monitor the temperature for energy efficiency and avail of cost savings.
Declan Donnelly, ATC National Sales Manager, accepting the “Project of the Year Award” at the 2019 EIFI Awards for the Scape Aungier Street Project